Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Million Dollar Homepage

So I was on wikipedia looking some information up when I accidently went to the homepage. Right when I was about to go back to the article I was looking at, their featured article caught my eye. It was titled the Million Dollar Homepage. After reading what it was, I googled the name of the creator and the first search result was The Million Dollar Homepage-Own a piece of history! which I promptly clicked to see what it was all about. Unfortunately all 1 million pixels have already been bought but I thought the whole idea and concept were pretty cool and extremely ingenious. 

One thing I found interesting is that the creator, Alex Tew, is from England but he still decided to call it The Million Dollar Homepage instead of The Million Pound Homepage. For more details, be sure to check out the FAQ page.